Beginners Guide to Model Railroading and Membership
Railroading is not an easy hobby and you know this. You’ve to take care of so many things at a time. But here’s the thing: With Beginners Guide to Model Railroading, you can finally fulfill your dream in no time.
That’s true. By having this guide alongside, you won’t have to worry about
- The scale of your model,
- The space you’re using for building the train layout and thus, the gauge, and
- Your limited budget.
Let’s explore it more.
Beginners Guide to Model Railroading
It’s basically a downloadable guide that has specific step-by-step information on important aspects of railroading. It encompasses key concepts of the hobby that can turn a beginner into a veteran in no time.
This is because it has been created by a railroading veteran himself. Thank James Raynold for an unprecedented and careful work in bringing you his expertise. He has been developing, testing, and perfecting train layouts and models for 27 years and during this time. He has learned a great deal about making things simple so that a beginner with no specific knowledge about the hobby can make his dreams come true.
This guide is very different than those available in the market because
- It does not require you to have any prior skills,
- It can help you transform your time into something creative,
- With its help, you can understand the mechanism of railroading in not time,
And most importantly, through the membership,
- You can get lifetime access to all the ideas of James Raynolds, his expertise, and updates on his recent works.
- You can also ask your own questions and in return, receive valuable answers that will further strengthen your abilities and polish your expertise to the next level.
What’s in the guide?
The author has indeed simplified a complex subject matter for the sake of the beginners in this field. When you join the exclusive club of railroaders, you’ll
- Learn planning your project and making fewer mistakes;
- Start avoiding making mistakes in analyzing your space, the scale of your model, and gauge;
- Learn about the exact tools that are needed for a small to big project because let’s be honest, real-life tools don’t work good;
- Begin understanding the crucial link between the theme and era of the project and the space you have,
- Begin drafting a foolproof trackpad that has fewer design holes,
- Building a better benchwork to support your project because the base of your train layout will make it or break it,
- Know about 3 key things that derail your trains or make them start or stop abruptly,
- Get a step-by-step electrical wiring training to make you power your trains with DC and DCC power;
- Understand that as a beginner you have an unfair advantage when it comes to choosing the right locomotive or rolling stock;
- Learn to choose the best structures for your project;
- Discover countless ways of avoiding mistakes that cost a fortune. You’ll also learn the nitty-gritty of creating realistic scenery;
- Know the simple technique experts use for creating the “weathering” effect;
- Have a full glossary filled with information on every possible aspect of a railroad project.
Is it worth it?
It is absolutely. Like we said earlier, there isn’t any guide out there in the market that has the kind of simplicity and yet expertise in helping a beginner understand the highs and lows of railroading.
Besides all the information in the guide, and a life long membership of an exclusive club, there are 6 bonuses.
Top 5 Biggest Mistakes Model Railroaders Make
In this, you’ll not only learn about those mistakes, but you’ll also be able to root them out.
Essential Tools for Model Railroaders
There are life-size or full-size tools out there, but they are for an equally bigger model. For small projects, you need the right sized tools, and this guide will show you how to get them.
Step-by-Step Foolproof Method for Trackwork
Laying tracks is yet another problem for beginners, but when you have this guide alongside, you won’t experience any issues because it has all the methods of avoiding design holes.
DCC Model Train Guide
This piece has all the information on choosing the right DCC or Direct Command Center and Direct Current for your model train.
A Model Railroading Glossary and Resources
If you wish to be an expert in the field, you’ve got to know the jargon of it. This bonus will help you dig out all the necessary railroading language and use it in the future.
30 Days Free Access to the James Model Trains Membership Club
A 30 days free access to the exclusive club run by the author himself. It costs around $27/month, but you get this access free to all resources there. Afterward, you can choose to pay or leave the club.